This is my first try at the "craze" of
Melted Crayon Art!
I was hesitant to try, because I thought that once hanging on a wall, on a hot summer day it would melt??!
Right?!! Wrong, it took a lot of hot heat to melt those suckers! I mean, I guess if it was crazy death hot, maybe a tiny bit, but I'm safe where I live so all's good! lol
so I have this new guy and he's just some kind of amazing! I cannot bore you with all the details, it would take HOURS! Long story short he makes me feel like a
giddy little school girl,
smitten kitten, and
makes the butterflies do Cirque Du Soleil!
So he had a hand in the inspiration!
<3 <3 <3
Nicholas + Tiffany <3
- 24 Pack Crayola Crayons
- 8x10 Artist Canvas
- Hot Glue Gun
- Painters Tape
- White Paint
- Blow Dryer
- Scrap Paper for a 'drop cloth'
- Cut all Crayons in Half (easier to start peeling the paper)
- Peel them! Some come off super easy others are, well, not so much
- Painters tape your whited out design!
- Figure out how many Crayon halves will fit across your canvas. Take a few halves out if you need to...
- Hot Glue Gun the Crayons onto the canvas, I just glued a line across the top.
- Set down the scrap paper, on the ground AND behind the canvas because it will be propped up!
- Plug in Blow Dryer and let'er rip!!!!!
- Let cool down and dry
- Gently Pull off Painters Tape
- Touch up with White Paint
- Viola! <3